Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Mother's Day Card


I just finished a Mother's Day card for my sweet Mom. She'll
be 89 next month. I've been wanting to make a few more flowers
using ribbon, so this was a good opportunity. The center rosette
I glued and wrapped around my piercer. The outer ribbons I
stitched around one side and pulled the threads together
to form circles. The curly q's I made using sparkle thread
I bought by the jewelry crafts dept.To stiffen use fabric stiffener
and wrap around a thin rod. I used
a thin paint brush handle. Secure the ends with very small clothes pins
and set it aside till it all dries. When making the bow korkers
for hair bows , it's better to heat them in a low heat oven but for cards
just having them air dry works well.
Paper by Colorbox, Spellbinder fancy tags, Martha Stewart
doily edge punch and assorted leaf punches, ribbons,
pearls , Tim Holtz inks and Glossy accents here and there.
Click on image to see more details.
Is it Spring Yet ????? I'm so tired of snow, snow, snow and more
snow.
oxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment